Saturday, June 4th 1:00 – 7:00pm
Investment: $65 if paid by May 28th, $75 After
Please Call The Yoga Den to Register
*Please bring a journal. This workshop is designed to be given in a six-hour time slot at a comfortable, no-rush pace, with a 45-minute meal/satsang break*
The Inner Awakening Journaling Workshop is an interactive therapeutic journaling and meditation workshop designed to help uplift, inspire, heal and transform individuals. Through journaling exercises, guided meditation, group discussion, and talks on the exciting science behind journaling and meditation, individualswill learn innovative ways to practice introspection by looking deeply within and getting to know their highest Self.
Discussion Topics include:
• Journaling tips and techniques
• The “Conscious Journaling and Meditation Model”—a simple yet profound equation to find healing, success and happiness
• Writing and the brain—how the physical process of writing affects our ability to process memory, make decisions and control our emotional reactions
• Journaling and meditation exercises that encourage deep introspection, which literally means “to look into”
• Scientifically proven health and well-being benefits of journaling and meditation
Melissa Grace Hoon, M.A., RYT 200, is the founder and executive director of Inner Awakening Writing Center. She is a sexual assault counselor, documentary filmmaker and journalist, and works at Chapman University. She has written for the Orange County Register, LA YOGA Magazine, Asana Journal, among many others. She is the associate producer on Urban Sutra: A documentary, and volunteers with Orange County’s Sexual Assault Victim Services and the Orange County Human Trafficking Task Force.